At first glance LinkedIn looks like just another “find a friend” social networking site. It is much more than that, if you put some work into it.
Here are some ways you can use LinkedIn for business most effectively:
- Fill out all aspects of your profile so people know who you are, what you have done and what you are currently working on.
- Build your network by importing contacts from your hotmail, Gmail, AOL, or Yahoo accounts
- Add applications such as TripIt, Twitter or WordPress to keep your connections up to date on what you are doing and integrate your posts into your LinkedIn profile.
- Utilize the Poll function to easily find out the opinions of your connections on marketing research questions.
- Join industry groups related to your field of work.
- Create a group – post jobs, start discussions and post news about your product or company.
- Ask for recommendations from friends, colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Provide honest and detailed recommendations of others.
- Ask your contacts to introduce you to their contacts expanding your network
- Purchase DirectAds to advertise your business to targeted individuals.
- Use your public profile link on all marketing materials and social media posts so people know who you are.
Give it a try and see how fast your network grows!